Buxton Kubik Dodd Creative continues to grow and excel as an award winning Springfield, Missouri design and architectural firm and with the professional services we offer we will continue to grow and expand our company and our vision. If you are interested in joining our company as an architect, graduate architect, draftsman, engineer, construction management professional or interior designer, please send your resume to the address below.
Buxton Kubik Dodd
Attn: Brian Kubik, New Employment
3100 S. National Ave Suite 300
Springfield MO 65807
Buxton Kubik Dodd Creative, a fast-paced and energetic interior design, architecture + engineering firm with an extensive portfolio of multi-family, residential, medical and hotels, is looking for an additional interior designer to add to their dynamic creative team. They are looking for a strong senior level interior designer (4-5+ years of professional experience) who will work closely with the principals, project managers, and architects to assist in developing some of the most exciting projects in the area.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year Interior Design program or equivalent required
- Minimum 4-5 years' experience in commercial, hospitality or multi-family design.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to demonstrate specific experience on relevant projects
- Applicant must supply design portfolio that demonstrates applicable work experience. Please submit portfolio and resume to the Director of Interior Design, Joyce Buxton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Possesses excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and graphic communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills — detail oriented and multi-tasking
- Ability to problem-solve and resolve conflicts internally and externally
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate, work others, and lead junior staff under pressure
- Applicant must demonstrate expert computer skills, including proficiency with AutoCAD, and Microsoft Programs on a PC platform
- Reviews and understands with proficiency detailed construction documents including floor plans, elevations and sections, electrical details, finish schedules, furniture floor plans, FF&E specifications, finish boards, materials and finishes to determine compliance in quality, design, and codes
- Space planning and hand-sketching skills and excellent presentation skills
- Experience in commercial, medical, hospitality and/or multi-family design a plus
- Works in tandem with the Director of Interior Design, Senior Architect and/or Project Manager to space plan and design the interior architectural envelope, preparing project production design and drawings using computer assisted design software
- Senior Interior Designer is responsible for review and accuracy of project specifications
- Closely coordinates with project team, and provides documentation to them, as necessary, to alert them of elements needing their coordination and/or documentation
- Prepares task lists and internal project schedules, prioritize and concurrently service multiple projects